This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on the link and make a purchase, Grizzled Nomad will receive a small commission.
The Liebster Award is a virtual award given to bloggers by bloggers. This award is a great way for new blogs to get discovered, and I feel, a way for new bloggers to be encouraged to continue their blogging journey! On top of that, it’s a great way for readers to get to know the face behind a blog a little bit better.
My blog was recently nominated for the Liebster Award by Larissa of LifewithLarissa. Her blog is a site filled with wonderful adventures, incredible pictures, and fabulous suggestions.
Liebster Award 2017 Rules:
> Thank the person who nominated you and posts a link to their blog on your blog.
> Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post, or by having it as the feature image.
> Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
> Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
> Answer the questions from your nominator.
> Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
> Ask your nominees questions of your own.
> List these rules in your post.
> Once you have written and published it, you then have to: > Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award > provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
> If you would like a more detailed list of the rules, click here.
My Favorite Blog:
When I started looking into starting a blog, the first thing I did was start researching the best and the brightest in blogging. for me, the number one guy or girl in the world is Nomadic Matt. He started out just like me and has built his brand into one of the biggest and most respected brands in the blogging world. He has given me through his articles the know-how to go out and write about my travels and to give back to the people that love what I love.With Him in mind, I am building a blogging course to help others do what I do because I learned from people like Matt.You should go check out all his upfront, non-bs stuff. By favorite is when he talks about how he went from just him to now have his own staff on retainer. That and getting incorporated is my us based goal. Check out his site and you may be inspired too.
10 Random Facts about Me:
- I come from Fort Worth, Texas
- I had a blog before this, Noodle Budget, It lasted almost 3 yrs before I changed my blogging style
- My family moved all over the state of Texas as a child due to dad’s construction jobs.
- I love Spicy foods due to having a Spanish Godparent.
- When I was a smoker, people were always shocked to learn that.
- I live in SE Asia now
- I have a beer glass collection from Thailand.
- My favorite show is Rick and Morty. It’s a US based tv show on Cartoon Network. I can relate to the Adult themes of the show.
- I never finish university. I dropped out in 3rd year to work Alaska.
- Having a blog/vlog is hard work for me being an introvert. Weirdly it’s easier to travel than to talk with people.
Questions I Was Asked:
1. Describe your blog in three words using nouns (person, place & thing)
2. Where did you go the first time you traveled and how old were you?
The first time I traveled was to Michigan. I was 3 years old.
3. What’s your destination preference? City or beach?
That’s a hard one. I love the beach, like when I lived on a beach in Hawaii for a month. But I live the city so that I can see people and get to see the history of the country is in. But between the two, the city.
4. What’s the most exotic thing you’ve ever eaten?
The fruit that I Hate the most is also the most exotic, durian. Smells gross but tastes so so.
5. Where’s your favorite destination and why?
My favorite at this point would be my home away from home, Seattle. I have been going to that city for 10 years and will always find something new to do.
6. Are you living in your dream city? If not, where would you like to live and why aren’t you living there?
No, I’m not currently living in my dream city. I would love to live in Moscow. The history of the city and the country draw me like a moth to a flame. I love cold weather, as I was a commercial fisherman in Alaska for 7 years.I majored in History in College before leaving to work, so that my passion.
7. When you are hanging out with someone, are you the person who puts away their phone or leaves it out and texts?
I put it away. That rude to text when hanging out with others.
8. When’s the last time you shot film photography?
Back when Polaroid was a thing.
9. Currently, what’s your most popular article and why do you think it’s so popular?
My most popular article to date is 500 dollar budget Thailand. And it has sparked a bit because people want to get away and in a country where you can do that with little savings, that’s appealing.
10. Favorite place to eat fries?
I’d have to say in the most clique way possible, McDonalds / No matter where I am in the world there is a McDonalds somewhere close and fries from McDonald’s reminds me of home.
The great thing about being nominated for this award is that I get to pass on the love and nominate other blogs. Below, you will find blogs that I believe need to be discovered:
- Thea Topaz of Thea topaz
- Sandra Chavez of A day in my madness
- Donya Hsp of http://allexperience.club
- Jerny Destacamento of http://thejerny.com
- Stacey Garcia of http://www.creativeresiliencecounseling.com
Questions For My Nominees:
- What’s your favorite part of the blogging process?
- What’s the most challenging part of the blogging process?
- Where was your last planned trip? Why’d you go, and did you have a good time?
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be? Why?
- What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
- What is currently at the top of your bucket list?
- What’s your favorite meal of the day?
- Do you have any pets?
- If you could have one wish come true, what would you wish for?
- What advice would you give someone who’s on the fence about starting a blog?
Well, there you have it! The Liebster Award in all its glory. Never would I have ever thought my blog would be up for a nomination for an award. I’m so thankful to Larissa of LifewithLarissa for the nomination. Have you been nominated for the award? If so, leave me a link to your post! I’d love to read about it If you haven’t been nominated YET, what do you think of the award? Let me know in the comments!