This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on the link and make a purchase, Grizzled Nomad will receive a small commission.
La Ong Dao
I have never done a hotel review myself on the site, I think I always wanted to wait until I had a good camera first.But on the last trip last week to Laos, I thought before I go let’s start reviewing the places I stay, see what others think.So here we are.I may have only stayed there for 3 days, but after staying here on 6 separate occasions while in the capital over the last two years I think I can give a fair rundown.I will do my usual pros vs cons, makes it easy for all to get a quick reading.
- Location: the hotel is close to the Thai Consulate .thats its selling really, first and foremost.Being 5 blocks away from that location.
- Food: meaning there are restaurants around the hotel. the second positive on food is they have morning Included breakfast. It’s a buffet style played out on the 4th floor. Breakfast from 6 is to 9 am.
- Room: The basic room had 2 standard size twin beds, I asked for a single but go figure, the fact that there was a good American bed and box spring is a plus.If you live in Asia for a long time you will begin to miss a real bed. The tv I was surprised to see was a flat screen and had broadcasts in 5 languages, even got HBO and fox news. Why they did the restroom so nice I have no clue, they splurged and used real marble with a sliding glass shower.
- Service: They try, they don’t speak any other languages, not even Thai, But when you have a question as long as you come with a smile they try to help.The rooms are cleaned every day which is nice for the 2-star hotel.
- Price: 20 USD if you book with Agoda.
- Not every day that I stayed did they even bother visa stamp stay here jr to have breakfast.
- The internet sucks run when it feels like it.
- The shower in my room was cold water only.
- There were mosquitos all over my room, got bit at least 70 times.
- The a/c pumped out hot air.
- The windows would not seal when shut.
Overall I think this hotel deserves the 2 star it has, it’s newer built in 2012 but is cheap.If you want an ok place to stay when getting your next visa stamp stay here.
Well as I always say be safe and have fun wherever you.
Also, please like and share the piece with your friends and read some of our other posts from me and the great authors that guest post here like TIJUANA, MEXICO THE LAZY MANS WAY1