This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on the link and make a purchase, Grizzled Nomad will receive a small commission.
The Great Debate
I know I am always advocating to go the hostel route over the hotel scene. But it occurred to me why not Airbnb. So after a little research and weighing the pros and cons I came up with a list of which I would choose and why.
- Cheap bunk in a room
- Free breakfast and sometimes free beer.
- Some places to save money you can clean in the mornings for your room and board the next day.
- Close to all the attractions.
- Can just show up without booking
- People can steal your stuff when you’re not around.
- Loud parties, drunk college students.
- Have to share the restrooms.
- communal kitchen
- Sometimes located in far flung locations
- Book online, verified owners, see the place online before hand.
- Use of a whole apt with some bookings
- Just you, big selling point.
- Can choose any part of the city you want
- Is about the cost of a double bed in a hostel.
- Even thought the Host may be-be verified, doesn’t mean they are not shady.
- You never know if the place is clean as advertised.
- In some countries, Airbnb is illegal still.
- Dealing with a private person, not a business.
- The language barrier, Host may not speak a universal language.
As you see there are many positives to both and negatives. I suggest just using your best judgment. Sometimes it can be better to use a mix of both allowing you to move from city to city without the hassle of finding a room somewhere.
So as always until next time have fun and be safe.
Here are a few sites web pages to get you started
And please check out my out stuff like Moving to another country
Grizzled Nomad Travels is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.