This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on the link and make a purchase, Grizzled Nomad will receive a small commission.
No more paying tours
So I am have been using different types of walking tour apps when we hit a new city. Of course, the go-to app is google maps but, last week I was contacted by GPSmyCity about doing a giveaway. I, as I always do give the product, app or whatever the company is offering, told them I would test the app first to see what’s what. Downloaded the GpsMyCity Chiang Mai Map and Walks, as that’s where I am now. Getting started with the app is simple and I will give a pros and cons of the app. I guess for me the basics are that its free and they have a lot of different places to choose from. Here is my GPSmyCity App Review.
- Have 470 cities to choose from
- GPS Walking Tours that you can easily follow and understand
- Pulls up the local, main attracts, like museums, art, temples
- Pick by type or destination
- Helpful search bar to get a certain attraction location.
- Has a help section if you need feedback or help with the app
- Available on IOS and Android play store
- Create your own custom Walking tour
- To get High Res maps need to upgrade
- Turn by turn maps aren’t free
- ADs on the free version
- Cost 4.99 for the full version
- Not all major cities have a map yet
So as you can see for me, after playing with the app for a few days and playing with the locations, its pretty spot on. Could use some more work, but all in all pretty solid app.
Which is why I am teaming with GPSmyCity, to give away 20 codes to upgrade for free to the full version of the app.
Here is the free version of the app on Apple and Android:
Disclaimer: I am not being paid to promote this app, but am getting free cross-platform social media traffic.