This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on the link and make a purchase, Grizzled Nomad will receive a small commission.
The Adventure Begins
So I know that most people in America today see that our collective guts are expanding. After moving to Thailand 11 months ago I started to see that I was losing weight just by changing my food intake. So here I will give you a step by step Guide how I went from 255 pounds US to 218 Pounds US in 11 months just by changing to a Thai Diet.
Here we go.
Rice, yes it is full of starch, but it is also a good filler for the other junk you would normally eat.
- Soups, never really thought of soups as a daily addition to coming here. You would be surprised how many different types of soups there are here.
- Lean Chicken or beef, you can still eat that good stuff if you eat a leaner less fatty version.
- Here’s a biggy, salt, cut down on the salt intake a lot, I stopped having it in my house altogether. Will cut the temptation out, Salt adds water weight, you will see you face less bloated when you cut the salt down.
- Walking, there is some much to do here you walk a lot, so in that spirit, walk a little each day to get a few more pounds offs.
- Stop eating out at fast food as much, this is a no brainier anywhere. Here is about no or low cash flow, but the rule applies anywhere. I have noticed the American version of fast food is way faster and taste better, which makes you want more. Don’t do it.
- Vegetables seem like I eat them every day now. Go get an apple a day, start small, but see what happens when you eat a veggie or fruit a day.
- Fish, I hate it with a passion, was a commercial fisherman for 6 years, so no, But fish is a really good source of the good fats your body needs. Even I eat fish once in awhile.
- And here is a good one that I think is good for everyone, travel, gets you out and you get to experience something new.
So that was my 9 tips to lose a little bit of weight and if you follow the basics of what I said, You will see common sense and little hard work will see the pounds drop. Until next time read this and have fun, be safe.
Photo by mimolag