This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on the link and make a purchase, Grizzled Nomad will receive a small commission.
Update: The update for Google Translate allows you to point your phone at street signs in many languages and see it in English.So we are adding this one.
Traveling the globe in the age of tech can be cool if you know what apps can give you a leg up.
Today I will give you 10 Android apps that we have or currently use ourselves.There is always in this day and age an ever-evolving catalog of apps that target the travel niche.Remember to always check with your phone provider about roaming, so that you don’t get overseas charges.
- TripIt Travel Planner Lets you plan every step, from flight to back again.
The 10 travel apps:
- Uber Taxi service with a twist, order with credit card, no cash needed
- Tripcase Luxury App
- The Transit Bus app for a most Metro Areas in world
- X.E. Currency Live currency exchange rates
- Google Maps Global street level map
- Travel Safe Pro Gives you access to local numbers, embassies, and hospitals in most foreign countries
- Hostelworld Hostel booking
- Waze Gps map app for car, bus walking
So there you go. These are some of the apps we use that will give you a head start on that next trip around the world or to the store. Until next time have fun and be safe. And please read our new post.
Grizzled Nomad Travels is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.